Quantum Dichromatic PLA Filament from Profound3D
Posted by John Marello on
Quantum Dual-Color PLA Filament - This revolutionary color-blending PLA combines two colors per filament to produce parts that display a different color front to back, and blend those colors on the sides. Quantum is PLA, available in 1.75mm and 2.85mm diameter, and not abrasive in any way, making it compatible with virtually any FDM 3D Printer.TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Material: PLA
- Hotend Temperature: 225°C ±10°C
- Bed Temperature: 50°C (65°C on LayerLock Powder Coated PEI)
- Diameter: 1.75mm or 2.85mm
- Weight: 750g
- Spool Dimensions (Approx.): 200mm Diameter, 55mm Height, 50mm Inner Core
- Smaller melt zones are better for Quantum, Volcano style hotends can produce mixing that reduces the visual effect of Quantum. E3D v6, Mosquito, and most stock printer hotends are perfect.
- Before starting a big print, we recommend printing an Quantum Alignment Coin that will tell you exactly where the color change line is on your specific printer and filament setup. The angle will be different for every printer setup, but we have found that if the printer and filament stay in the same orientation, the alignment doesn't change from spool to spool.
- Quantum prints look the best when the outside perimeters of the part are all printed in the same direction, and we have found that many slicers do not do this by default! To make great prints with Quantum, MatterControl does force outside perimeters to always travel in the same direction, you can download for free right here.
Shop at https://profound3d.com/collections/quantum-dual-color-pla
Share this post
- Tags: 1.75mm PLA, 2.85mm PLA, 3D printer, 3D printing, 3D printing filament, 3D printing materials, 3D Printing Techniques, dichromatic PLA, Dual Color PLA, Matterhackers Quantum PLA, PLA Filament, Quantum, Quantum PLA