3DXTech 3DXSTAT ESD-SAFE PETG Filament - 750g
3DXTech 3DXSTAT ESD-PETG is an easy-to-use ESD-Safe filament formulated for a wide array of applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and enhanced chemical resistance. Made using high flow PETG copolymer and CNT’s to offer exceptional repeatability and reliability.
3DXSTAT ESD PETG
3DXSTAT ESD-PETG is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state-of-the-art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
BENEFITS OF ESD PETG
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
- Superior chemical resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous structure giving it low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption, 3x lower than ABS
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Superior ductility vs. ABS
- Wide processing range of 230-260°C
ESD PETG APPLICATIONS:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
TARGET CONDUCTIVITY FOR 3DXSTAT ESD PETG
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application. However, please do not exceed 270°C to reduce the risk of polymer degradation.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
- 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 230-260°C
- Bed Temp: 60-90°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.
We Also Recommend
3DXTech CarbonX ABS+CF Filament - 750g
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.