LulzBot HS Tool Head - Hardened Steel - 0.8 mm
The LulzBot HS Tool Head is purpose-built for high-strength 3D printing applications utilizing durable industrial composites and is ideal for engineers needing strong parts and faster printing times.
Featuring a hardened steel nozzle and extruder hobb, this 3D printer extruder head is capable of printing high-strength composite polymers on par with PEEK's tensile strength (15,200 psi - ASTM638). These polymers are used in a wide range of high-demand applications, from structural components to the automotive industry.
Parts printed with these composites have higher impact resistance, resist deformation, while retaining strength in harsh and demanding environments. Industrial materials like PA-CF Low Warp combine strength and dimensional stability (less than 2% elongation at break - ASTM638) with the ability to perform in higher operating temperatures up to approximately 120° C (248° F).
LulzBot HS Tool Head Compatibility
This heavy duty 3D printer head is currently compatible with the LulzBot Mini 2 3D Printer. TAZ 5 and TAZ 6 users will be able to take advantage of the high-strength 3D printing capabilities with the TAZ 5/6 Universal Tool Head Adapter to use this tool head. LulzBot Mini 1 users will need the Mini 1 Universal Tool Head Adapter.
- (1) LulzBot HS Tool Head | Hardened Steel | 0.8 mm (Fully Assembled)
- (1) 3D Printed Wiper Mount (5) Replacement Wiper Pads
- (1) Red Scrub Pad
- Sample of PETg Filament, Used in First Print
LulzBot HS Tool Head - Hardened Steel - 0.8 mm Specifications
- Layer Resolution: 0.4 mm - 0.6 mm (0.016 in - 0.024 in)
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.8 mm
- Nozzle Material: Hardened Steel
- Extruder Hobb Material: Hardened Steel
- Hot End Temperature Range: 120°C - 290°C (248°F - 554°F)
- Extruder & Hot End: Genuine E3D Titan Aero
- Maximum Extrusion Rate: Approximately 181 grams/hour | 40.38 mm³/s with PLA at 220°C
- Supported Materials: Carbon-fiber filled Nylon, ABS, PETg, PLA, NinjaFlex TPU
- Required power system: 24 Volts
- Fans: (1) 5v 40 mm heat sink cooling fan, and (1) 360° print cooling fan
- Recommended filament diameter: 2.85 mm diameter (3 mm)
- Certified Open Source Hardware: US000147
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.