3D Printing STEM Curriculum Kit - Solar Battery Charger
Available in class packs to fit your group or class size!
- Single Kit = $21.99
- 6 Kit Class Pack = $125.34 ($20.89/kit)
- 12 Kit Class Pack = $244.09 ($20.34/kit)
- 30 Kit Class Pack = $593.73 ($19.79/kit)
Bring hands-on, project-based learning and 3D printing into your classroom or home with the Solar Battery Charger STEM Kit and lesson guide!
This Solar Battery Charger 3D Printing STEM lesson kit, recommended for students age 8 and older, includes a student workbook, battery pack, solar panel, parts, and STL design template files. Class packs (six kits or more) include a teacher's guidebook, with example STEM class lessons.
This STEM kit helps teachers integrate 3D printing into existing curriculum and develop lesson plans by providing instructions and materials for students to design, 3D print, assemble, and construct a Solar Powered Battery Charger with an easy-to-understand, step-by-step workbook. The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. In this project, students put math and dimensional measurement skills into action to design, 3D print, and build their very own solar battery charger! As you already know, the sun emits light energy called photons that solar panels absorb and convert into electricity. Students can recharge batteries that power their other 3D printed projects and gadgets. This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further teaching on topics such as solar power, renewable energy and electronics!
Each Solar Battery Charger STEM kit includes:
- Solar battery charger electronics kit(s)
- Student workbook(s)
- Base STL file (students build and customize their design using this base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
- Teachers guidebook (included with class packs of 6 or more), with example STEM class lessons, including:
- How solar panels work
- Real world applications for solar power and solar energy
- Exploring renewable energy, including renewable energy sources besides solar
- Basic Physics principles, such as photon energy
- Re-chargeable batteries (how they work, applications etc)
- Diodes (one of the most common components in any electronic circuit, what do they do)?
Please note that this STEM kit does not include rechargeable batteries.
We Also Recommend
CraftBot Plus EDU 3D Printer Bundle - Includes Full Enclosure, Filament and More!